Sunday, January 27, 2008

Layoffs

Yeah, this last five weeks have been the longest layoff I have had from boxing in a long time (maybe 2 years!). This was pretty much unavoidable largely because I have been traveling. Some may wonder if this type of layoff has a negative effect on the game but from my personal experience I have always found that the effects are usually positive. The reason for that is the fact that when one has a layoff from exercising (although I did a lot of treadmill work during my time away)some of those minor injuries have a tendency to heal up. Plus, there is a certain routine that one gets into when in a common training schedule and getting away from it can often have a number of positive results. This is something that I have noticed in the past and it would appear that a similar effect will be a result. At last I hope it will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home