Real Bad TV and Movie Fight Scenes
Call me a grouch or a grinch or whatever, but please....I have a hard time enjoying a really bad fight scene when I am watching a television program. (BTW - One of these days I need to analyze Sean Connery and Robert Shaw's BRILLIANT fight scene in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE) Now, I do not define a 'bad' fight scene as an unrealistic one. I have no problem with the big roundhouse punches found in virtually every western ever made nor do I mind the choreographed kung fu silliness of a Shaw Bros. film.
No, what I am complaining about are really rotten fight scenes that look unchoreographed, lazy and phony. These are common in real low budget b-movies of the 1970's. They didn't really choreograph the fight scenes nor did they spend any time editing a decent fight scene togther. Usually they just shoot the whole thing in one (bad) long take. Needless to say, it looks pretty awful when finished. Blah.
Oh...and I didn't buy Erik Estrada wearing a black belt in a "karate" episode of CHIPS. But, that is another (lame) story for another day.
Anywayz....Let's just say, an unentertaining fight scene is usually the kiss of death of a movie or TV show. For me, anyway.
No, what I am complaining about are really rotten fight scenes that look unchoreographed, lazy and phony. These are common in real low budget b-movies of the 1970's. They didn't really choreograph the fight scenes nor did they spend any time editing a decent fight scene togther. Usually they just shoot the whole thing in one (bad) long take. Needless to say, it looks pretty awful when finished. Blah.
Oh...and I didn't buy Erik Estrada wearing a black belt in a "karate" episode of CHIPS. But, that is another (lame) story for another day.
Anywayz....Let's just say, an unentertaining fight scene is usually the kiss of death of a movie or TV show. For me, anyway.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home