The Boxing Framework
This is one of those concepts that I developed that is somewhat unique to me, but I thought I would share it with others so as to help them with their game if they are in a similar boat that I am in.
As you all know, I spend a great deal of time training in boxing, but I also do a lot of savate and muay thai. These are three very distinct systems, but there is also a great deal of overlap between them. For myself, I invested most of my training time in straight boxing because I found it easy to "convert" my boxing game to thai boxing and savate. In other words, in those kickboxing systems my style of fighting is primarily boxing based and ultilizes the kicks within a boxing framework. In other words, I cheat by using a lot of boxing. While this may not be the purest approach to learning it does hlp out when one considers the fact that I have limited time to train and by focusing heavily with boxing as the core art, my gains in the other areas accelerate
As you all know, I spend a great deal of time training in boxing, but I also do a lot of savate and muay thai. These are three very distinct systems, but there is also a great deal of overlap between them. For myself, I invested most of my training time in straight boxing because I found it easy to "convert" my boxing game to thai boxing and savate. In other words, in those kickboxing systems my style of fighting is primarily boxing based and ultilizes the kicks within a boxing framework. In other words, I cheat by using a lot of boxing. While this may not be the purest approach to learning it does hlp out when one considers the fact that I have limited time to train and by focusing heavily with boxing as the core art, my gains in the other areas accelerate

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home