Sunday, January 27, 2008

A Note on the Double End Bag

I spent quite a bit of time on here talking about the speed bag so I thought I would also add a brief mention of th double end bag. The double end bag is somewhat similar to a speed bag although the double end bad is a bit closer to actual application in boxing in the sense that you can move around it in a manner similar to a heavy bag. Of course, the "action" that you get from the double end bag is a lot different from the type of action you would get working a heavy bag. Unlike a heavy bag, a double end bag is not designed to build of strength, power and endurance. It does do a nice job of aiding in the development of reflexes. Like the speed bag, this is a commonly misunderstood piece of equipment that can provide a number of hours of enjoyment when properly used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home