The Allure of Violent Sports
Nope, the idea for an essay on the "allure of violent sports" is not my idea, but I came across such an essay in a book about media violence. I skimmed through it but I must admit, I read the chapter on Saturday Morning cartoon violence. I remember the crappy non-violent cartoons of the 1970's that were weak in comparison to the 1960's. Then, GI JOE and He-Man came along in the 1980's and brought back butt kicking but I digress...
I have yet to read this chapter and it will either be really good or a lot of nonsense. I'll hold my opinion until I read it and then offer my perspective. Far too often, the discussion of the allure of violent sports are written by people that never played the game. This does not DQ their commentary, but sometimes it offers the wrong focus.
I have yet to read this chapter and it will either be really good or a lot of nonsense. I'll hold my opinion until I read it and then offer my perspective. Far too often, the discussion of the allure of violent sports are written by people that never played the game. This does not DQ their commentary, but sometimes it offers the wrong focus.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home