Sunday, June 24, 2007

Bruce Lee - A Warrior's Journey - the Book

Many fans of the Little Dragon were enthralled to see the long lost missing footage from Bruce Lee's GAME OF DEATH. For those not familiar with the film, Bruce died before finishing the film and the finished product simply slapped a ton of crappy new footage along with a mere 11 minutes from the original film. In time, significantly more footage was found along with the original screenplay for the original version of the film.

With the release of the WARRIOR'S JOURNEY DVD, fans finally got the chance to see the lost footage. What many people did not get a chance to see, however, was the book that was to serve as a companion piece to the film. Honestly, despite the fact that author John Little's Bruce Lee books have been popular sellers, I have NEVER seen the book version on store shelves. Having recently received the book in the mail, I have to say that this is a real gem of a book and one of the best of Little's books (I recommend LETTERS OF THE DRAGON and TAO OF GUNG FU as well. I am not a huge fan of little's other books, though)

The warrior's Journey is a tremndous book that provides a lot of info onthe film as well as providing a great deal of info on Bruce's martial art and philosophy. This makes this a somewhat intersting film book because it is not overloaded with uselss movie trivia. (Not that there is anything wrong with useless TV trivia...I guess it depends on what kind of mood you are in)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home