Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Where to hit

I guess you could call this entry a sleight of hand because I am not exactly going to tell you where to hit. (Please see your instructor for that info)But, what I am going to do is I am going to mention the importance of hitting a deliberate target as opposed to randomly landing shots here and there. There is a good reason for this. If you are landing shots on areas that are 'useless' for striking purposes, you are not going to do any damage.

The hip, for example, is a waste of time to hit. If you are kickboxing and your shots are nailing the hip bone, you are not going to 'drop' anyone with a knockout. Yes, there are certain instances where hip punches are effective...but that is another matter that might be covered later. However, for sparring purposes, you would want to avoid randomly throwing punches and kicks out there randomly because to do so would nullify offense by rendering it ineffective.

Now, what would be the value of THAT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home