Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Annoying Illogical Logic of the Illogical

Let me preface this by stating I am by no means an expert in boxing or kickboxing. I am just a person who has been enjoying my time in the arts for many years and simply wish to improve my skills. I am not a fan of titles or affiliations or any of that. I simply like to learn the material for my own personal pleasure. I don't teach the arts and I am not selling anything. Because of this, I have been pretty 'pure' in my motivations.

That said...I will admit that after a decade...I have learned a thing or two and I do get annoyed at certain peanut gallery comments.

I have not commented on Muay Thai on this blog because I started the blog about the same time I decided to take a training break from Muay Thai...having invested about 7 years in Muay Thai I wanted to work on other arts that I had experience in, but did not specialize. Savate was an art that I had studied maybe 50 hrs worth of time and wanted to learn more so I decided to work on savate for the time being. Kickboxing is really secondary to boxing as my primary stand up art anyway...so any kickboxing material is really supplementary.

However, it is funny the amount of flack I sometimes get for studying savate.
And, by the way, the flack that I received is sometimes brutally illogical and loaded with presupasitions that have nothing to do with reality as much as they have to do with perceived reality.

Continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home