Thursday, July 05, 2007

Concerning the Illogical

Returning to my previous point about people drawing comparisons between Muay Thai and Savate...to make comparisons between the two noting their positives and negatives as well as their differences is fine. Even landing at an assessment that one of the arts is better than the other is fine. Attempting to discourage someone from studying one of the arts based on an opinion that is not based on any real exprience with the art is definitely NOT fine.

Here is something someone once mentioned to me. I was asked why I did savate when Muay Thai guys can beat savate guys. I completely ignored the question.

The person asking the question assumed that I had limited knowldge of Muay thai. Actually, I have over 8 years experience and have even trained a few lessons in Southern Thailand. (Yes, I have been to Thailand)

For every hour of savate that I have studied, I have probably done 15 hrs of Muay Thai. I will say this: choosing one over the other is somewhat of a silly thing to do if you are training for the long haul. If you are a person who 'perpetually' does martial arts throughout his or her life, you should expand your horizons a bit and see what else is out there. That keeps training fun and innovative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home