Specializing Over Time
I am not sure that the word "specializing" is the best word to use, but I am somewhat at a loss for a different one. So, specializing will be the one that is used.
This October will mark one year of taking private savate lessons for one hour a week. Understanding that my time per week was limited I knew that an overview of the art would prove very useless in the long run. So, the other option was to simply take a handful of techniques and work them over the year long period. Since the art I selected was/is savate, I stuck with the chasse and the fouette.
Was the venture a success?
Let's say this: my skill level with these two kicks has SKYROCKETED. If would be next to impossible for me to state how solid the improvement has been because words can not describe the gains that have been made. I will say this, the gains were significant and definitely the learning strategy that was employed paid off.
This October will mark one year of taking private savate lessons for one hour a week. Understanding that my time per week was limited I knew that an overview of the art would prove very useless in the long run. So, the other option was to simply take a handful of techniques and work them over the year long period. Since the art I selected was/is savate, I stuck with the chasse and the fouette.
Was the venture a success?
Let's say this: my skill level with these two kicks has SKYROCKETED. If would be next to impossible for me to state how solid the improvement has been because words can not describe the gains that have been made. I will say this, the gains were significant and definitely the learning strategy that was employed paid off.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home