Monday, May 28, 2007

The Best Boxing Book Series

While I dedicated a significant amount of space on my previous blog entry on the subject of boxing books to complaining about the lack of quality out there in the publishing realm, I thought it would only be fair to mention some of those boxing books on the market that are well written and helpful. While I have not read every book on the subject, I did read three of the best and they are not so coincidentally published by the same people. I am referring to the classic trilogy in the START UP BOXING series.

This series deals with Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced Training in the subject of boxing for fun and hobby. Unlike other books on the subject, these books are not designed to “lose weight via cardio boxing.” These are designed to teach a hobbyist the actual sport of boxing and to help them develop some solid knowledge on the subject so they can adequately spar in the ring with their training partners. In other words, they help you develop the skills necessary to actually box.

This does not mean that you need to train for a Golden Gloves tournament in order to be considered knowledgeable in the sport. It simply means that you can hold you own in a light sparring session with an opponent of equal size and skill. In other words, the books teach you how to actually box. How do they achieve this? Through their excellent text descriptions, that’s how. So, let me rumble through my closet and dig out my three volumes and provide you with some examples in the next installment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home