JKD Dummy Set techniques
You have to bear with me on this one because I have to use some Cantonese words and I am probably going to misspell them, but this is the best I can do for y'all. Here is a rundown of the beginning of the JKD Dummy Set, a set designed to aid in the development of the traditional trapping circa the late 1960's. (For those unfamiliat with Jeet Kune Do (JKD), it was a martial art developed by Bruce Lee during his lifetime)
There were two dummy sets developed: the Jun Fan Set and the JKD set. Here is the opening of the JKD set...
1.)Pak Sao Da to the left arm.
2.) Inside Wa Pak to the left arm.
3.) Inside Wa Pak to the right arm.
4.) Pak Sao Da to the outside of the right arm.
5.) Perform a Quan Sao disengage.
This will then set you up for the second portion of the dummy set that will be added here a little later. (Probably when I can remember it!)
While some of this may be to old school and traditional for some, I enjoy it and recommend it as a fun diversion from standard boxing/MMA training. Enjoy!
There were two dummy sets developed: the Jun Fan Set and the JKD set. Here is the opening of the JKD set...
1.)Pak Sao Da to the left arm.
2.) Inside Wa Pak to the left arm.
3.) Inside Wa Pak to the right arm.
4.) Pak Sao Da to the outside of the right arm.
5.) Perform a Quan Sao disengage.
This will then set you up for the second portion of the dummy set that will be added here a little later. (Probably when I can remember it!)
While some of this may be to old school and traditional for some, I enjoy it and recommend it as a fun diversion from standard boxing/MMA training. Enjoy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home