Friday, May 11, 2007

A Personal Note

Now, it would go without saying that my previous post was based on somewhat autobiographical lessons. This is true. It would be a lie for me to say that I have not been using my pursuit of boxing, martial arts and wrestling as a means of, for lack of a better word, therapy. That is to say, back in 1997, when facing a variety of professional difficulties, it became difficult to find motivation. I was not making a great deal of money (actually, I was going BROKE) so I started to slip into a more negative state of mind than I had ever experienced in my life. Out of boredom, I joined a kickboxing gym in Long Island NY. What was originally supposed to be a mere diversion quickly turned into something that I never expected: a new lifestyle based on personal achievement and accomplishments.

Of course, I am usually reserved when it comes to mentioning my own personal motivations, but I will sometimes let a little autobiographical information appear here and there. Perhaps I will go into more detail on the early days of my training. It was not pretty, BTW, but it is interesting reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home