Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The more I learn, I less I know

No, the title of this post does not refer to my not being able to grasp the subject matter, it refers to my realization that a person pretty stays in a perpetual learning stage that is always beginner level. (Huh You say? Read on)

For example, when it comes to my learning the sport and science of boxing, I have long since lost the "I got it mentality" because I know that boxing has many components to it and the perpetual art of refinement means that the learning stage will go on and on forever. That is, this will occur when you realize that learning boxing does not mean hitting equipment. It means learning all the valuable subsets of the art so as to perpetually increase you skill level. As your skill level grows higher and higher, your need to learn the small complexities of the art become more important as when the needs involved in gauging skill level.

Again, you will always remain a beginner if you are always looking to learn. Once you develop the "I got it" mentality, then you have joined the realm of the stagnant perpetually sophomore jinx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home