Wrestling Again
This is a side note, but I took in a wrestling lesson for the first time in quite a while. I had been working stand up and kickboxing for quite a lengthy amount of time, but I started out as a submission grappler and this june it will mark a full decade since I took my first lesson, so I have a sort of anniversary coming up...
Anyway, it was good to get back in training and training hard. Diversity is the key to being effective in the martial arts realm today so picking up a decent crosstraining program of two solid arts (don't over do it though) can provide a challenging and efftive workout/exercise/self-defense program.
Speaking of anniversaries, April marked ten years of training! yes, I started in kickboxing and an absolutely atrocious school, but, hey, it was a start. Hmmm...maybe I should start writing about my early days....Drydge up some old memories...some of which were not so pretty.
Anyway, it was good to get back in training and training hard. Diversity is the key to being effective in the martial arts realm today so picking up a decent crosstraining program of two solid arts (don't over do it though) can provide a challenging and efftive workout/exercise/self-defense program.
Speaking of anniversaries, April marked ten years of training! yes, I started in kickboxing and an absolutely atrocious school, but, hey, it was a start. Hmmm...maybe I should start writing about my early days....Drydge up some old memories...some of which were not so pretty.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home