Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Since I am on a JKD Instructional kick....

I sent away for Lamar Davis' DVD on Sensitivity and Energy Drills. Ok, I can already hear the critics...."Why do you do that old school stuff?" Because I enjoy JKD and that includes the older material from way back in the day and I have a ton of fun with the OJKD material. So there.

This is a tape I am looking forward to as I read Davis' book and thought it was a very good read. But, even though Davis had released a number of DVDs over the last few years, I had not purchased any mainly due to lack of 'discretionary' funds. Since I had a few extra bucks I decided to check out one of Davis' DVDs. When I get them I will, of ocurse, have a mini-review.

Actually, there are a number of Davis' DVD I would like to purchase and, if I could, I would get them all as they are incredibly COMPREHENSIVE in terms of what they subject matter they cover. (on a side note - I wished Rick Tucci would do more JKD tapes....His 4 volume Jun Fan JKD tapes are pretty cool. Why did he stop at 4 and not keep going?)

Anyway...I been having fun studying JFJKD and Savate these last few weeks. I needed a change in my training and this is a pretty cool shift. Or, rather, a return as these are arts I studied for a lengthy period of time many years back...nice be check the stuff out again from a different perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home