My Friends At Bushido
I wanted to take a little opportunity here to say thanks to the folks over at BushidoDVD.com. They provide what is essentially a netflix type service for instructional videos. Shockingly, there are not that many folks out there offering martial arts instructionsals on a rent by mail basis. There was one company years ago that rented VHS tapes and they provided a solid service, but I am not sure if they are in business now.
Renting from a rent by mail service is pretty cost effective, especially when you consider a tape set may end up running $300 and then not turning out to be a very good set. In the old, old days....this was an even more pronounced problem since it was not until 1998 that reviews of these tapes were even possible to read. Magazines certainly were not going to publish negative rviews of their advertisers! When the internet sllowed for the free exchange of ideas, many people shared their ideas on the reasons why martial arts DVDs were so AWFUL. Of course, rather than change their negative production problems and make better tapes, the companies simply tried to harass the reviewers. It was a weak ploy and one of the reasons many of these video production companies went out of business years ago.
Anyway....getting back to my original shout out. If you want to check out some DVDs you may not otherwise be able to purchase, Bushido DVD offers a nice service. I have been a subscriber for a few months and was able to check out a bunch of cool DVDs that I previously mentioned on here. Plus, I received a number of rotten ones without the financial loss of purchasing them. Yowsa!
Renting from a rent by mail service is pretty cost effective, especially when you consider a tape set may end up running $300 and then not turning out to be a very good set. In the old, old days....this was an even more pronounced problem since it was not until 1998 that reviews of these tapes were even possible to read. Magazines certainly were not going to publish negative rviews of their advertisers! When the internet sllowed for the free exchange of ideas, many people shared their ideas on the reasons why martial arts DVDs were so AWFUL. Of course, rather than change their negative production problems and make better tapes, the companies simply tried to harass the reviewers. It was a weak ploy and one of the reasons many of these video production companies went out of business years ago.
Anyway....getting back to my original shout out. If you want to check out some DVDs you may not otherwise be able to purchase, Bushido DVD offers a nice service. I have been a subscriber for a few months and was able to check out a bunch of cool DVDs that I previously mentioned on here. Plus, I received a number of rotten ones without the financial loss of purchasing them. Yowsa!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home