Goerge Foreman - In Retrospective
You really have to give George Foreman a lot of credit. Very few people ever reach the status of world champion and that is an accomplishment that Foreman can definitely claim. But, even more impressive than his famous run as world champion in the early 1970's was his comeback career in the 1990's that was nothing short of amazing.
I had watched George's comeback in the early 1990's, but i had seen little of his early career and recently I watched some 1972 matches of George's thanks to the good people over at ESPN Classic Sports. All I can say is for a big man Foreman was one incredible fighter who was light on his feet, showed amazing balance, hit hard, hit fast and hit often.
I think that Foreman is often treated unfairly because he is portrayed as a powerful man who uses raw strength to win his bouts. This is not accurate as watching his classic matches show an incredibly well balanced athlete who could really deliver the goods in the ring and could do so in a manner that showed amazing poise and ability.
And the Foreman Grill is awesome, too. I use it every day
I had watched George's comeback in the early 1990's, but i had seen little of his early career and recently I watched some 1972 matches of George's thanks to the good people over at ESPN Classic Sports. All I can say is for a big man Foreman was one incredible fighter who was light on his feet, showed amazing balance, hit hard, hit fast and hit often.
I think that Foreman is often treated unfairly because he is portrayed as a powerful man who uses raw strength to win his bouts. This is not accurate as watching his classic matches show an incredibly well balanced athlete who could really deliver the goods in the ring and could do so in a manner that showed amazing poise and ability.
And the Foreman Grill is awesome, too. I use it every day

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home