Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Cardio Notes - Treadmill

Hey all. Just thought I would make an amendment to my prior post about my new treadmill workout variant. (Low speed at a high incline to burn fat over an extended period of time) I did mention I would also test out this workout to see if it would increase my cardio conditioning. The answer to that is NOPE. It is definitely a decent workout for those looking to burn a few calories, but it is severely lacking in terms of its ability to create cardio for bursts of energy. It does hep cardio out a bit and it seems to provide a cardio boost for low intensity exercise over an extended period of time. However, it is not great for explosive cardio that is needed for quick bursts and expenditures in a boxing match. So, it is a decent workout for calorie burning if that is your goal, but it acks in the cardio enhancement area. This is an important point to consider because strong cardio is often the secret to athletic skill and ability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home