Random Aspects of the JKD Dummy Set
As much as I would love to share with you a nice description of JKD Dummy set 2 and 3, I can't because I just learned them and do not 100% remember the movements in order. But, I do remember bits and pieces of the lesson and can make mention of some of the fragments contained within the sets.
An interesting aspect is the use of a Double Pak Sao on the dummy. It is performes simply by doing a pak sao on the outer arm and then a pak sao on the inner arm. With the first, the punch does not go through and the second time you pak sao, you hit the dummy with the punch.
Anthoer cool aspect is the use of the jao sao combined with a swinging motion. You jao sao,just sao and then swing underneath toward the direction of the stuck jao hand. When you reach it, it will be free to hit because your movement releases the friction trapping your hand. Let me take a step back...This part of the set opens with a split entry pak sao and then the jao sao comes off of that.
I realize this old school wing chun/jkd material is not everyone's bag, but I enjoy learning the system. It is still fun material that can be considered a 'dessert' to the main bulk of your training.
An interesting aspect is the use of a Double Pak Sao on the dummy. It is performes simply by doing a pak sao on the outer arm and then a pak sao on the inner arm. With the first, the punch does not go through and the second time you pak sao, you hit the dummy with the punch.
Anthoer cool aspect is the use of the jao sao combined with a swinging motion. You jao sao,just sao and then swing underneath toward the direction of the stuck jao hand. When you reach it, it will be free to hit because your movement releases the friction trapping your hand. Let me take a step back...This part of the set opens with a split entry pak sao and then the jao sao comes off of that.
I realize this old school wing chun/jkd material is not everyone's bag, but I enjoy learning the system. It is still fun material that can be considered a 'dessert' to the main bulk of your training.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home