Sinking Body Weight
What I am going to do here is I am going to try to explain as best I can the concept of sinking body weight so as to transfer full body weight power into a punch. Alas, alas...I do not have any suitable photographs to illustrate what I am talking about so you will need to bear with me a bit as I explain what is going on sans illustrations. So, I will do my best to explain shifting in my absolute best prose.
What sinking body weight refers to is when you drop your body down (bending at the knees) so that when you come up you will come up with full body weight behind the punch. In a way, the downward motions 'loads' the body weight into the upward motion.
Let's look at the following example: slip/uppercut.
It you slip outside an opponent's cross, you sink down on the slip and then spring up with the loaded bodyweight behind your retaliatory uppercut. This is what will deliver the powerful knockout force of the uppercut. Of course, there are other variations to this, but the general principles will be the same.
What sinking body weight refers to is when you drop your body down (bending at the knees) so that when you come up you will come up with full body weight behind the punch. In a way, the downward motions 'loads' the body weight into the upward motion.
Let's look at the following example: slip/uppercut.
It you slip outside an opponent's cross, you sink down on the slip and then spring up with the loaded bodyweight behind your retaliatory uppercut. This is what will deliver the powerful knockout force of the uppercut. Of course, there are other variations to this, but the general principles will be the same.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home